Friday, December 21, 2012

So this is my bid for 30.

So...hi.  I decided to put my thoughts in one place.  I thought maybe someone might read it and it could help them get through a race, or just the day.  So here goes nothing.

I love running, I love cooking, and I love eating, and at 30 I decided to go back to school. I want to study nutrition. I want to build training and nutrition plans and help others get healthy and fit and work toward their goals.  I want to keep running and racing and I want to perfect the ins and outs of a solid training plan.  I want to share my passion for these things through my training plans, recipes, and reviews, and use this format to hold myself accountable for the things I want and am working towards.

I will go back to school, I will train hard, run hard, race hard, cook more, be healthy, and share the ups and downs and everything in between.

So there it is in all its glory, out in the open.  Hold me to it.

So I wasn't kidding when I said I love running.  I do...on the road, on the trail (mostly the trails). I listen to podcasts, read race reports, blogs, and gear reviews, have too many (there aren't really too many) magazine subscriptions, and could talk about gear for days.  I test out as much as I can, and will hopefully be doing justice to some of the shoes and gear I use.  I train to run far.  I have run a few 50k's and have another year lined up.  I learned more than I could have imagined last year.  I learned what it means to race, not just run to a finish line. I worked on periodization, nutrition, and pacing.  I ended 29 with a 43 minute drop in my 50k time. Into 30 I want to keep peeling off minutes with the miles and be more competitive.  I'll share my journey in getting there.

I love cooking and eating almost as much as I love running. I try and eat mostly whole foods, and lay off processed foods. I cook my way through the week. I feel like cleaning up what I was eating made an impact on my run season.  I'll share some recipes I really like, cuz maybe you will too.

School is the other hurdle I plan on jumping this year (don't you love my running puns). It's pretty damn hard to figure out how to balance a full time job and school, but I will make it work. The new year holds the road to the classroom and I couldn't be more excited. Now it's just waiting on those transfer credits.

So this is my bid for 30, and beyond.  Welcome to everything between my ears.

1 comment: