Monday, February 18, 2013

The Week I Had to Reset my Garmin

   This was a pretty enjoyable week in the running world. I had some good runs, and even a few really great runs.  The downside, however, is that my little Garmin froze on Saturday evening while I was trying to upload my weekly runs and I had to factory reset it.  I lost all my heart rate, elevation info, splits, history, etc., but luckily for me I also like to use a pen and paper training log, so at the very least, I have distance.

Monday   2/11        -Road 

5 miles


Tuesday  2/12         -Road

5.84 miles


Thursday   2/14        -Road x2

3.73 morning run

This was one of the days you just don't want to get out the door and find everything to do around the house to avoid it.  I managed to at least get a short one in.

4.41 evening run

This was the redemption run making up for the morning.  I felt like I could have run all night...but had to get home to get dinner ready!

Friday  2/15              -Trail

8.29 morning run with Matt

This was one of the great runs. Cold, ice covered trail with a great training partner.  We jumped into a good pace and good conversation and before we knew it, had run longer than we were planning for the time we had.  Out and back with the headlamps before the work day.  Couldn't think of a better way to start the day.


Sunday  2/17             -Trail

14.78 (Garmin total) (15.5 total) with Matt

One of the creek crossings

My first time exploring a new trail at Green Lane Park. Since my Garmin reset the night before, I got it started late while I turned the hr function back on.  I had a great guide and even though it was cold, windy, and hilly, it was an awesome morning.  I can't wait to get back and check out even more of the trails.  I was more than glad to be wearing wool socks that morning from the wet ground, mud, and ice you couldn't avoid breaking through.
Most of the lake is still frozen over


Weekly Total:  42.77
     My highest week so far with my longest run as well.  I like being out on the trails so much more and am really enjoying training this year more than ever.  I couldn't be more excited for this year.

  Go get some miles.

(here's a super easy recipe too)


Ahhhh the glory of the slow cooker!!!!  Super easy throw together on Saturday before work.

2.5lb. Grass fed chuck roast
6 carrots
1 large onion
2 cups beef broth (best if you have homemade, but use your favorite)
Bouquet Garni seasoning
salt and pepper


Throw it all in the slow cooker, set the timer (I did 9 hours), and enjoy when you get back home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment